We are looking for an Operations Assistant to support our Operations Team in the efficient day-to-day running of our Flight Training Centre at Cambridge Airport.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience in the aviation industry.
You will be involved in every aspect of the operational side of the company, and will play a vital role in exceeding our client's expectations, and in the continued success and growth of Virtual Aviation.
You will need to be exceptionally organised, with excellent attention to detail, as you will be working in a highly regulated industry with a requirement for exacting standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operation and maintenance of our Boeing 737-800 flight simulator
- Compliance with EASA and UK Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- Ongoing development of company manuals and procedures
- IT support for the company as a whole
- Rostering instructors and scheduling simulator training sessions
- Being actively involved with product development
Skills, Experience & Attributes
- A genuine interest in commercial aviation
- Experience in engineering and/or computing would be a significant advantage
- Technically minded, with an awareness of computer hardware and software
- Problem solving skills, and an ability to think outside the box
- A willingness to learn new skills
This is a flexible permanent role, with a requirement for some weekday and weekend shift-work. Salary negotiable, depending on skills and experience.
Please Note The successful candidate will be an individual who is looking to develop a career in operations. We will not process applications from commercial pilots who are looking for a temporary role prior to airline employment.
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the qualities and experience we are looking for, please send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 20 January 2017.
Due to the likely volume of applications, unfortunately we are not able to respond to all applicants individually. So, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of submitting an application, please assume that it will not be progressed to the next stage.
No employment agencies please.