VA is an Approved Training Organisation (ATO), operating a B737-800 flight simulator at our Cambridge Airport Training Centre. We provide simulator training to commercial pilots and airlines, and we pride ourselves on providing high-quality training in a friendly and supportive environment.
This is a multi-faceted position, where you will play a vital role in ensuring the efficient running of our Training Centre. You will be part of a small team, working together to deliver training to a very high standard.
This role reports to the Operations Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily start-up and shut-down
- Configuring simulator prior to training sessions, as per instructor requirements
- Assist with basic troubleshooting and routine maintenance
- Provide friendly and professional customer service to all clients
- General training administration
- Scheduling of simulator sessions, and rostering of staff and instructors
- Ensure that enquiries are responded to promptly and comprehensively
- Assist the team with other duties from time to time
- Technically minded, with an awareness of computer hardware/software and basic engineering
- Natural team player, with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and adaptability
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- Problem solving skills, and an ability to think outside the box
- Enthusiastic, motivated and reliable
- Genuine desire to keep learning new skills and techniques
- An interest in commercial aviation
- Industry knowledge of flight training would be an obvious advantage
This is a full-time role based at Cambridge Airport, which will include regular weekend work.
Hourly rate negotiable, depending on relevant experience.
You must have the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK, and meet the requirements to be eligible for an airside pass.
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the qualities and experience we are looking for, please send your CV by email to:
VA thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.