British Airways to recruit direct onto Long Haul
British Airways have opened the opportunity for pilots to apply direct onto their long haul fleet in their new recruitment campaign. To be in the running for the opportunity to operate out of London Heathrow Terminal 5, talented and high caliber pilots will have accrued over 2000 hours flying experience, including 1000 hours on Jet transport category aircraft with MTOM greater than 25 tonnes or multi-crew turboprop transport aircraft/military equivalent with MTOM greater than 50 tonnes, among other requirements.
BA have stated: “The Direct Entry Pilot Scheme is for experienced high calibre pilots who want to develop their careers with one of the most progressive international airlines in the business.”
The Individual requirements are as follows:
- A current UK issued EASA ATPL(A) Flight Crew Licence with Class 1 medical or the ability to convert your licence to a UK issued EASA ATPL(A) before joining
- ICAO Level 6 proficiency in English language
- A valid passport (with minimum of 12 months before expiry date) allowing unrestricted worldwide travel
- The unrestricted right to live and work in the UK
To be considered for current vacancies you will need:
- To hold a current type rating, an ATPL(A) and have a minimum of 2000 hours total flying experience including 1000 hours on Jet transport category aircraft with MTOM greater than 25 tonnes or multi-crew turboprop transport aircraft/military equivalent with MTOM greater than 50 tonnes.
- Candidates must also have relevant experience, on an aircraft enabling a ZFT training course, within the 12 months preceding the start of their BA conversion course
- Preference will be given to candidates who are type-rated on the following aircraft B747-400/B777/B787/A380
- Candidates applying from BA CityFlyer should apply through the internal eJobscan system (Please note: If you are currently a British Airways CityFlyer employee, please ensure that your line manager is aware of your application in order to be eligible for this role)
- Successful candidates will be entered into a hold pool from which an offer onto any British Airways fleet may be made
For more information about the Direct Entry Pilot Long Haul opportunity with British Airways, including the personal requirements and application process, click here