VA is an Approved Training Organisation (ATO), operating a B737-800 flight simulator at our Cambridge Airport Training Centre. We provide simulator training to commercial pilots, airlines and training partners, and pride ourselves on providing high-quality training in a friendly and supportive environment.
We are going through a period of rapid growth and now require an experienced, pro-active marketing professional to join us and become a vital contributor to our team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the development and execution of the company's marketing plan
- Overall responsibility for our website, social media channels and marketing materials
- Pro-active lead generation
- Communication with current and prospective clients via our social media channels
- Preparation and distribution of press releases
- Organise and attend relevant trade shows and exhibitions
- Host 'preview visits' for prospective students who visit the Training Centre
- Work with external agencies such as website developers
- Maintain an awareness of competitors' products and activity
- Prepare reports for management
- Assist the team with other duties from time to time
- Proven marketing skills, with previous experience in a professional marketing role
- Genuine desire to keep learning new skills and techniques, especially in digital marketing
- Natural team player, with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and adaptability
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- Problem solving skills, and an ability to think outside the box
- Enthusiastic, motivated and reliable
- An interest in commercial aviation
- Industry knowledge of flight training would be an obvious advantage
This is a full-time, permanent role, based at Cambridge Airport.
For the right candidate, a part-time role of 3-4 days per week may be considered.
Standard business hours, although there may be some weekend work from time to time.
Salary negotiable, depending on previous experience.
You must have the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK, and meet the requirements to be eligible for an airside pass.
The successful candidate will be an individual who desires a long-term career in marketing.
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the qualities and experience we are looking for, please send your CV by email to:
VA thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.