Flight Training Coordinator
VA is an Approved Training Organisation (ATO), operating a B737-800 flight simulator at our Cambridge Airport Training Centre. We provide simulator training to commercial pilots and airlines, and we pride ourselves on providing high-quality training in a friendly and supportive environment.
This is a multi-faceted position, where you will play a vital role in ensuring the efficient day-to-day running of our Training Centre. You will be part of a small team of Flight Training Coordinators, working together to deliver training to a very high standard.
This role reports to the Operations Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling of simulator sessions, and rostering of staff and instructors
- General training administration
- Ensure that enquiries are responded to promptly and comprehensively
- Listen to clients' needs and provide tailor-made solutions
- Develop relationships with individual clients
- Work pro-actively to ensure that our courses are full and company sales targets are achieved
- Make use of our CRM system to maximise sales performance
- Host 'preview visits' for prospective students who visit the Training Centre
- Provide friendly and professional customer service to all clients
- Communicate with current and prospective clients via our social media channels
- Maintain an awareness of competitors' products and activity
- Assist the team with other duties from time to time
- Daily start-up and shut-down
- Configuring simulator prior to training sessions, as per instructor requirements
- Assist with basic troubleshooting and routine maintenance
- Natural team player, with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and adaptability
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- Problem solving skills, and an ability to think outside the box
- Enthusiastic, motivated and reliable
- Genuine desire to keep learning new skills and techniques
- An interest in commercial aviation
- Industry knowledge of flight training would be an obvious advantage
- Technically minded, with an awareness of computer hardware/software and basic engineering
This is a full-time, permanent role, based at Cambridge Airport.
Due to the nature of our business, there will be a requirement for weekend and shift work.
Salary negotiable, depending on experience.
You must have the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK, and meet the requirements to be eligible for an airside pass.
The successful candidate will be an individual who is looking to develop a career in aviation training. We will not process applications from commercial pilots who are looking for a temporary role prior to airline employment.
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the qualities and experience we are looking for, please send your CV by email to:
VA thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
No employment agencies please.